Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Links 2.0 : Installation -- Unix :

Cannot check links

Quote Reply
Cannot check links
Hello,

My link checker won't work. I can't check links. It's been this way ever since I moved to icom.com server. I get the hourglass forever and in msie it finally goes to "Page cannot be displayed" and Netscape it pops up "Document contains no data". I reinstalled a virgin copy of nph-verify.cgi (uploading it as ASCII and making surue the paths were right) and still doesn't work.

I thought maybe icom.com didn't have LWP installed but they wrote back:

Quote:
Below are some paths commonly used in scripting on our Atlanta network
servers:

Perl : /bin/perl
Sendmail: /usr/lib/sendmail
Date : /bin/date
Whois : /bin/whois
LWP : /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/LWP/<module>.pm

so they do have it.

Please help. It's been since June, and I'm sure that I have some dead links that I need to get rid of. If there's something that I need to include herein for you to be able to help me, please let me know! Thank you.

------------------

--Sanguinarius
The Real Vampire Directory
www.sanguinarius.org/cgi-bin/links/pages/
Quote Reply
Re: Cannot check links In reply to
You probably have a large number of links in your directory and the script is timing out. Try executing the script via telnet...or better yet...Crontab.

Regards,

------------------
Eliot Lee
Anthro TECH,L.L.C
www.anthrotech.com
----------------------

Quote Reply
I only have 542 links in there.

Re: telnetting, I don't know anything about telnetting, and I tried to log in once and it wouldn't even take my username and password. Frown

------------------

--Sanguinarius
The Real Vampire Directory
www.sanguinarius.org/cgi-bin/links/pages/
Quote Reply
How would I go about executing it via Crontab?
Quote Reply

Quote:
You probably have a large number of links in your directory and the script is timing out. Try executing the script via telnet...or better yet...Crontab.

I just tried it with only 30 links in the database, and it still didn't do anything.