Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Links 2.0 : Installation -- Unix :

Can I import existing pages?

Quote Reply
Can I import existing pages?
Hello,

I already have my link pages built with hundreds of existing links on them. Is there a way to import those pages?

Thanks
Brad

Quote Reply
Re: Can I import existing pages? In reply to
Just curious. To where do you want to import these pages that you have already built?

Quote Reply
Bulk Load Mod

Also, there have been code hacks provided in the Links 2.0 Discussion Forum....

Regards,

Eliot Lee
Quote Reply
I am very new at perl and CGI so bear with me....I have a links site with existing categories, and on the links 2.0 it has a link to add new categories. How do I get the software to import my existing categories and links? Or do I just enter all of my exisitng links and categories maually?

Quote Reply
Again, you can use codes provided in the Links 2.0 Discussion forum...search for Spider Mod.

Also, there are two other MODS clearly linked in the Resource section:

goFetch
Links Spider Pro

These mods will "spider" your current web pages and extract the links information and put them into a .db file.

Another thing you can do is use MS Excel or Access to store the links/categories in separate spreadsheet/tables. Then export the data into a tab delimited text file. Then replace the tabs with pipe characters |. Save the exported files as links.db and categories.db.

Then you will have to update the numbers in the linksid.txt and categoryid.txt files to reflect the last record number in the database files you exported.

For more information on "offline editing", search for offline editing....

Regards,

Eliot Lee
Quote Reply
When I search for Spider mod...nothing relevant comes up and the link in the resource section leads me to an error page....if you have anything that would help I would greatly appreciate it....Thanks

Quote Reply
Every link in resources is giving an error now.

Quote Reply
GO HERE:

http://www.gossamer-threads.com/...rces/jump.cgi?ID=230

!!!!!

Regards,

Eliot Lee
Quote Reply
Don't know what you are talking about it...the links work fine for me!

Regards,

Eliot Lee