Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Links 2.0 : Installation -- Unix :

Can't locate /public_html/links/admin/db.pl

Quote Reply
Can't locate /public_html/links/admin/db.pl
Hi,

I set up the script as described, however I'm getting the following error message
Error including libraries: Can't locate /public_html/links/admin/db.pl in @INC (@INC contains: /usr/libdata/perl/5.00502/mach /usr/libdata/perl/5.00502 /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.005/i386-freebsd /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.005 .) at admin.cgi line 28.

Make sure they exist, permissions are set properly, and paths are set correctly.

I've tried every way I can think to include directories, however it doesn't want to work. I looked up the faq sheet up the site I'm trying to install it on and it sayd the path should be
/home/userid

My script has been installed in a /links directory and I've set the script path to
/home/guitardown/links/admin

Anyone know what's going on or what i sould check. I've set all the file and directory permissions as per the readme file

Thanks

Pete
Quote Reply
Re: Can't locate /public_html/links/admin/db.pl In reply to
I had a same problem 5 minutes ago, Recived the same message, however after a couple minutes of trying to figure out whats wrong, finnaly I found out that I made a mistake while setting up the links.pdf file. The problem was with path to the admin cgi directory, this how it looks in my case
$db_script_path = "/home/mydomain/mydomain-www/cgi-bin/links/admin.

hope this helps
Quote Reply
Re: Can't locate /public_html/links/admin/db.pl In reply to
You need to specify the full absolute paths in links.cfg.

If you have telnet access, go into the directory and type "pwd". That will list the path for you.

--mark

------------------
Due to repeated requests for support via ICQ, I am once again offering support online.

The ONLY number I will accept requests on is #53788453. Messages sent to my other numbers will not pass through to me, as I have security settings set to ignore messages from users not on that list.

I don't know how often I will be active on this number, as it is for only when I am free to offer assistance.

Could this signature be any longer? :)