Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Links 2.0 : Installation -- Unix :

Can't build from Web but can from commandline

Quote Reply
Can't build from Web but can from commandline
nph-build.cgi can build the database into links from the commandline but not from the browser. While the script functions okay so far like this, I'd like to be able to allow others to assist in managing the links database (since this is a well trafficked site.) I can't do that with only the commandline build working.

The shebang points to the right place.

In a probably-related problem, nph-verify doesn't work, but I expected this as the CGI installation doesn't have the verification modules installed. I wouldn't be surprised if nph-email has problems as well.

Help would be very welcome!

Quote Reply
Re: Can't build from Web but can from commandline In reply to
Personally, I'd re-upload the files nph-verify, nph-build etc, in ASCII mode and try again! - Does nph-build give any errors?

Thankyou,
From Paul Wilson.
Quote Reply
Re: Can't build from Web but can from commandline In reply to
I figured out what to do!!! (-:
First, I went back and made sure all .db files were chmod 666. Next, make sure backup directory is chmod 777. Next, make sure index.count is chmod 755 (I think that's right).
Anyway, when I did all this, I got a message that links.db.bak permission denied. Well... that file didn't exist, but the script was looking for it because I had already tried to do the backup once before (when it didn't work). So, I copied links.db to my computer, renamed it links1.db, uploaded it back to the data directory, chmod it to 666, then renamed it links.db.bak. Everything is working fine now!!!
(I hope I didn't forget a step. I sure hope this is the right solution to the problem. Anyway, it worked for me.)
Roy