Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Links 2.0 : Installation -- Unix :

Can't Add Category

Quote Reply
Can't Add Category
My installation of Links 2.0 has been working great for a couple of weeks now. Today, I have been adding some new categories and now, all of a sudden, when I try to add a new category, I get this message:

Premature end of script headers: /data1/hm/allaboutdogs/cgi-bin/links/admin/admin.cgi

It was working fine just a little while ago. I checked my CGI error log and nothing is found. Could there be a problem with my host's server? I downloaded links.cfg and it looks perfectly fine.

Thanks.

Quote Reply
Re: Can't Add Category In reply to
If everything was working fine up until now and all of a sudden, it doesn't and if your Perl Error Logs don't indicate any problems, I would suggest contacting your hosting company to find out if they have made any upgrades or changes to their servers.

I would also check your categories.db and categoryid.txt files to make sure that they are okay.

Regards,

Eliot Lee
Quote Reply
Can you tell me what I should be looking for in those files?

Quote Reply
Make sure that all the columns/fields are in there (e.g., Meta_Description, Meta_Keywords) and also verify that the last record number in the categories.db file is the SAME as the one in the categoryid.txt file.

Also, make sure that both files and ALL files in the data directory are set to 666 (rw-rw-rw-).

Regards,

Eliot Lee
Quote Reply
The only thing listed in the categoryid.txt file is the the number of the last category in the categories.db file. Everything else looks correct, the files are in the right place & permissions are set correctly.

Quote Reply
Welp...again, I would contact your hosting company.

Regards,

Eliot Lee