Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Links 2.0 : Installation -- Unix :

CGI Error - Validater

Quote Reply
CGI Error - Validater
Ok, everythings works just fine. But there's just one little problem. When I want to validate sites I get this error

Where blabla = non of your bizz (my dir isn't password protected yet)

CGI ERROR
==========================================
Error Message : unable to open validation file: /blabla/blabla/blabla/startpunt/links/cgi-bin/admin/data/validate.db. Reason: No such file or directory
Script Location : c:\blabla\blabla\blabla\startpunt\links\cgi-bin\admin\admin.cgi

and a lot more info about the machine etc.

Now what I thought the problem was is the . after validate.db (validate.db.) but I checked all the files and there wasn't a validate.db.

Does anybody know this problem, or is there someone who can help me..

Thnx a lot.
Quote Reply
Re: CGI Error - Validater In reply to
Were there links added by the user add form? If not, there would not be a validate.db or it would be empty. Make sure the admin/data directory is chmod 777 so that Links can create the validate.db file if it is not there. Or you can create it yourself (just upload the one from the Links distribution archive) and chmod it to 666.
Quote Reply
Well the file is stuffed and the dir is set allright (everything else is working just fine!).

Any clues ?

b.t.w. thnx for helping me
Quote Reply
under the error and the perl version it gives this info:

Form Variables
-------------------------------------------
db : links
validate_form : 1
Quote Reply
Not with blabla directory paths. It is hard to decipher what may be wrong when such paths are used.

If validate.db exists in the correct directory (admin/data) and its permissions are set correctly, but the script cannot find it, you definitly have a problem with the paths.
Quote Reply
I don't think so but,

CGI ERROR
==========================================
Error Message : unable to open validation file: /inetpub/esusers/netserv/startpunt/links/cgi-bin/admin/data/validate.db. Reason: No such file or directory
Script Location : c:\inetpub\esusers\netserv\startpunt\links\cgi-bin\admin\admin.cgi
Perl Version : 5.00502

Form Variables
-------------------------------------------
db : links
validate_form : 1

I don't think there is a problem in there, or is there ?