Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Links 2.0 : Installation -- Unix :

Build problems

Quote Reply
Build problems
Hello.

I'm having a problem with the build-all function of the script. Before adding a large number of links to the database, it worked just fine. But now it stops after attempting to build the second spanned page of a large category. I get no error message or anything of the kind, there's just a delay and then the results page stops loading.

Using the staggered build function, all pages are build properly. But using it causes another problem. In my category template, I use the <%grand_total%> tag to display the total number of links in my database. When I was able to use the build all function, this worked fine. But when I use the stagger build function, the number of links is always reported as 0.

Oddly, in the pages created with build all before it stops working, the grand total is displayed correctly. But when I use stagger, without making any other changes at all, the total is displayed as 0.

Can someone please explain what might be causing Bulild All not to work as well as the grand total being reported incorrectly?

Thanks.
Quote Reply
Re: Build problems In reply to
I have got the same problem. Having about 500 entries in my db, pages were built correctly. Now I've got 2000 entries, always a time-delay occurred. Same with staggered command. When running npg-build.cgi by telnet the script breaks running....
Don't know what to do...
Quote Reply
Re: Build problems In reply to
you could ask your host for a longer time-out on your CGI's. Or, download and install a server and copy of perl on your home computer. Then you can work on your links database offline and just upload.