Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Links 2.0 : Installation -- Unix :

Build all cgi error?

Quote Reply
Build all cgi error?
When I click on "build all" in my admin, I get:

CGI ERROR

Cannot open temp links data file (links.db.bak)

What should I do? Thanks!
Quote Reply
Re: Build all cgi error? In reply to
Make sure your admin/data directory is chmod 777 and links.db is chmod 666.

I hope this helps.
Quote Reply
Yep, that was it. Thanks Smile Now I have another prob...the links aren't clickable. It says "error in links.cfg" or something, "line 34". Anyeone know what could be wrong?
Quote Reply
This error, I think, is the result of an assumption in the jump.cgi code that the admin folder is in the same directory as jump.cgi which most poeple do, but you have set yours up differently.

There are two solutions, you can open jump.cgi and change the line
Quote:
require "admin/links.cfg"; # Change this to full path to links.cfg if you have problems.

to the full path of links.cfg. Then you would have to do the same for the other 5 CGI files in that directory.

OR you could move the 6 CGI files, that jump is part of, to your /www/htdocs/jacquiesworld/kat/cgi/ directory

Hope this works!

------------------
Ken Chidlow
chidlow@gossamer-threads.com
Quote Reply
If you can, cut and paste the error message here. According to my copy of links.cfg, line 34 pertains to the $build_new_url variable.
Quote Reply
Here ya go.

----------
Error including libraries: Can't locate /www/htdocs/jacquiesworld/kat/cgi/admin/links.cfg in @INC (@INC contains: /www/htdocs/jacquiesworld/kat/cgi/links /usr/lib/perl5/i586-linux/5.00404 /usr/lib/perl5 /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/i586-linux /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl .) at /www/htdocs/jacquiesworld/kat/cgi/links/jump.cgi line 34.

Make sure they exist, permissions are set properly, and paths are set correctly.
----------

Have any idea what's wrong? I don't get it.
Quote Reply
Ok, thanks Smile I got it. Smile
Quote Reply
Perhaps your $db_script_path should be:

Quote:
$db_script_path = "/www/htdocs/jacquiesworld/kat/cgi/links/admin";

I hope this helps.