Gossamer Forum
Quote Reply
Build all...
Hi, When I click on build all I get a "The page you are looking for is currently unavailable...." I have followed the instructions and read through the forums to try a figure this out. The paths and url's are configured correct in links.cfg. I can add category's and links ok but when I clink on the build all link I get that error message...any suggestions as I want to persist with this as it seems like a great script :-)

Quote Reply
Re: Build all... In reply to
If you just having a problem with your nph files like nph-build.cgi, then most likely your server is NOT configured to execute NPH files...use the fix in the Resource section in Links -> FAQ -> Version 2.X.

Regards,

Eliot Lee
Quote Reply
Is this the fix you mean

"I've been having problems with Links suddenly not working at all.. thanks to a Linux Newbie I found the problem and this might help other people as well.. if you're going to install Links, do this:

1: Open your admin/db_utils.pl
2: Look for this line: print "HTTP/1.0 200 OK\n"
3: Comment the whole line and the following line print "Pragma: no-cache\n" if ($db_nocache);

I am not sure what to do, the db_utils.pl part that they are reffering to is as follows

if (!$html_headers_printed) {
print "HTTP/1.0 200 OK\n" if ($db_iis or $nph);
print "Pragma: no-cache\n" if ($db_nocache);
print "Content-type: text/html\n\n";
$html_headers_printed = 1;

Thanks Garry

Quote Reply
Nope...that is NOT the "fix" I am referring to. Search this forum or the Resources section for NPH.

Regards,

Eliot Lee
Quote Reply
Thanks,

nph-email.cgi works ok, just with build, staggered and staggered auto I get this "the page cannot be display... error, I will read through the forums and see if anyone else is having this problem. I guess you must be getting sick of all us newbes asking the same questions.... on a different topic does/has anyone used linuxwebhost.com I am thinking of using this server and would like to know if anyone has had any problems etc with them.

Quote Reply
Ok I tried telnet and on executing the nph-build script I got the error: .Ętegory' is not a valid variable name at ./nph-build.cgi line 36 aborted etc....
Does this mean anything to anyone I guess I wont get a reply for a while as it is new years night over there in America... hope you had a good one

Cheers Garry

Quote Reply
hmmm Just got a email from my server...... "We have disabled your cgi-bin/links/admin directory and nph-build.cgi, by (chmod 000) the path is incorrect, and caused thousands of error messages on the web server which caused the server to run out of memory and crash last night. your cgi script wasnt the only one there were other users also with bad cgi's please fix properly before chmod 755 admin and the appropriate cgi's

Begin failed- comiliation aborted at /home/charlieb/public_html/cgi-bin/links/admin/nph-build.cgi line 36" opps! whats up with this line 36 as I didnt edit this file at all..is there a path I am suspose to change there?

Quote Reply
Kiwi, have you found this fix? I can't find it on the forum and I am having the same problem.

Shari

Quote Reply
No not for my problem, if your server wont allow you to execute nph files there are some fixes in previous posts.