Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Links 2.0 : Installation -- Unix :

Basic Question?

Quote Reply
Basic Question?
This is the first script I've ever tried to install - I almost have it! The admin area is up and running, is now password protected and I can add/edit/delete listings, but I'm at a loss as to where (the URL) that visitors should be directed to? I've been at it for about an hour - probably missed the info somewhere? Any assistance is appreciated! Crazy

Sandra
Quote Reply
Re: [cc] Basic Question? In reply to
How do you mean 'the URL' ??? I don't quite understand your question properly Wink

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [AndyNewby] Basic Question? In reply to
Sorry, I didn't explain very well in my last post. I now realize why I wasn't able to locate the file - it didn't exist. So I created one (index.html), but still must be doing something wrong:

CGI ERROR
==========================================
Error Message : unable to open home page: /clerica7-www/membersonly/pages/index.html. Reason: No such file or directory
Script Location : nph-build.cgi
Perl Version : 5.00503

I'll take another look @ the readme - I might've overlooked the information. Thanks!
Quote Reply
Ok, basically you need a /pages/ folder, with CHMOD permissions of 777. Then delete everything in it that you tried adding, and the script should make all the files that it needs Wink

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [AndyNewby] Basic Question? In reply to
Wink Thank you! Thank you for all your help, Andy! It's now working perfectly! I'm off to tackle the templates.

Sandra
Quote Reply
No problem Smile