Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Links 2.0 : Installation -- Unix :

Autosend of Email Add and Mod email

Quote Reply
Autosend of Email Add and Mod email
I have a prob somewhere. When I use admin to delete or modify a submitted url the person gets an email from me even if I choose "No" from the drop down "No email" window. I have the script itself set to send emails because I want people to keep informed of updates, mods, but I also want to be able to disable sending an email on an as needed basis. Any ideas?
Quote Reply
Re: Autosend of Email Add and Mod email In reply to
There is a setting in links.cfg that will send email (if set to 1) anytime a link is modified.
Quote Reply
I have that set to "1" to send email.. I assumed I wanted it on "1" so I could send email and disable it manually while adding or modifing (validating) a url.. So if I set it to "0" will I still be able to choose to send an email when manually from the add or modify (validate) page?
Quote Reply
When you add or modify a site from within the admin it WILL NOT send an email. If you VALIDATE a site that was either added or modified, Links will send a confirmation email if either "$db_email_add" and "$db_email_modify" are set to "1" in the links.cfg file. Links will not send a confirmation email if either of these are set to "0". You can set these independant of each other - have one on, one off depending whether or not you want either, both or no confirmed. The "ReceiveMail" drop down box in the admin is to add them to the Link Owners maillist.
Quote Reply
Ok, I misunderstood what the "ReceiveMail" drop down box in the admin was for. I thought that if I set the cgi to "1" it would send email unless I set the "ReceiveMail" drop down box in the admin to "No"

So what I need to know then, is if someone knows how to make a Mod that will create a "Send Add/Modify Notification" drop down box in admin. So you can choose "1" in the script to send email, but from admin you can disable it on a "as needed (or not needed)" basis
Quote Reply

Quote:
So what I need to know then, is if someone knows how to make a Mod that will create a "Send Add/Modify Notification" drop down box in admin. So you can choose "1" in the script to send email, but from admin you can disable it on a "as needed (or not needed)" basis

The delete part is easy, if you erase the text in the Reason window, then the script won't mail a reason. You can default it to be blank by just having the email-del.txt tempalte blank.

The modify notification is an option in the config..

Cheers,

Alex