Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Links 2.0 : Installation -- Unix :

Another error including Libraries - PLEASE HELP

Quote Reply
Another error including Libraries - PLEASE HELP
Hello,
It is the second time I've tried installing links. I went 72 lines down the links.cfg file but found nothing there like the error suggests. żDo comments count as a line?

My directories are as recommended in the readme text. Any ideas?

Thanks
Marcos

Error including libraries: Bad name after com:: at /u/web/gaydo4/cgi-local/links/admin/links.cfg line 72.

Make sure they exist, permissions are set properly, and paths are set correctly.
Quote Reply
Re: Another error including Libraries - PLEASE HELP In reply to
One problem is fixed, another pops up. here is the error message:

Error including libraries: Can't locate u/web/gaydo4/cgi-local/admin/db.pl in @INC at /u/web/gaydo4/cgi-local/links/admin/admin.cgi line 28.

Make sure they exist, permissions are set properly, and paths are set correctly.

This is line 28 on my links.cfg

28 # PATH and URL of Pages to be built. No Trailing Slash.

29 $build_root_path = "/u/web/gaydo4/links/pages";

30 $build_root_url = "http://www.gaydominicanos.com/links/pages";
I dont see anything wrong. Do you?
Quote Reply
Try putting the full path to links.cfg in your admin.cgi script where it says 'require "links.cfg"'.

I hope this helps.
Quote Reply
Thanks for responding. I did as you told me and I get yet another error. I tried moving things around and the error changed as well but it is now repeating and all variables are set correctly, including paths.

Error including libraries: Can't locate u/web/gaydo4/cgi-local/links/admin/links.cfg in @INC at /u/web/gaydo4/cgi-local/links/admin/admin.cgi line 27.

Why can't scripts be as easy to install as the discus discussion board... that it truly a work of art.

Marcos
Quote Reply
Just as a point of curiosity, does your system use cgiwrap? If so, you may need to ask your ISP about the proper way to configure your scripts for that. If not, then please post the first 5 paths/url's from you links.cfg or put the links.cfg online as a text file and provide the URL so we can look at it.