Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Links 2.0 : Installation -- Unix :

Admin not building pages

Quote Reply
Admin not building pages
Adding category and link works fine but I get this message when I try to "Build All Pages":

Links Manager: Building Pages
Building Pages
Pages built on 13-Jul-2000 at 22:15:35
--------------------------------------------------------

Backing up database . . .
Backing up links, category and email database (File::Copy) ...

CGI ERROR
==========================================
Error Message : Unable to copy links backup. Reason: Permission denied
Script Location : /vhmap/m/o/o/moonprincess.com/cgi/links/cgi/admin/nph-build.cgi
Perl Version : 5.00404

Form Variables
-------------------------------------------

Environment Variables
-------------------------------------------
DOCUMENT_ROOT : /disk37/usr/moonprincess/public_html
DYNAMIC_DOCUMENT_ROOT: /vhmap/m/o/o/moonprincess.com
DYNAMIC_SCRIPT_FILENAME: /vhmap/m/o/o/moonprincess.com/cgi/links/cgi/admin/nph-build.cgi
GATEWAY_INTERFACE : CGI/1.1
HTTP_ACCEPT : */*
HTTP_ACCEPT_ENCODING: gzip, deflate
HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE: en-us
HTTP_CONNECTION : Keep-Alive
HTTP_HOST : www.moonprincess.com
HTTP_REFERER : http://www.moonprincess.com/cgi/links/cgi/admin/admin.cgi?display=navigation
HTTP_USER_AGENT : Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 5.0; Windows 98; DigExt)
PATH : /usr/sbin:/usr/bin
QUERY_STRING :
REMOTE_ADDR : 169.232.103.30
REMOTE_PORT : 1219
REQUEST_METHOD : GET
REQUEST_URI : /cgi/links/cgi/admin/nph-build.cgi
SCRIPT_FILENAME : /disk37/usr/moonprincess/public_html/cgi/links/cgi/admin/nph-build.cgi
SCRIPT_NAME : /cgi/links/cgi/admin/nph-build.cgi
SERVER_ADDR : 206.161.225.58
SERVER_ADMIN : anthm@ftp-1
SERVER_NAME : www.moonprincess.com
SERVER_PORT : 80
SERVER_PROTOCOL : HTTP/1.1
SERVER_SIGNATURE : Apache/1.3.12 Server at www.moonprincess.com Port 80

SERVER_SOFTWARE : Apache/1.3.12 (Unix) PHP/4.0.0 FrontPage/4.0.4.3
TZ : US/Eastern

I thought I might have chmoded nph-build.cgi wrong but I chmoded it to 755 again twice but still get this.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

AznAphrodite

Quote Reply
Re: Admin not building pages In reply to
CHMOD your databases to 666.

--Drew
Quote Reply
I figured out what to do!!! (-:
First, I went back and made sure all .db files were chmod 666. Next, make sure backup directory is chmod 777. Next, make sure index.count is chmod 755 (I think that's right).
Anyway, when I did all this, I got a message that links.db.bak permission denied. Well... that file didn't exist, but the script was looking for it because I had already tried to do the backup once before (when it didn't work). So, I copied links.db to my computer, renamed it links1.db, uploaded it back to the data directory, chmod it to 666, then renamed it links.db.bak. Everything is working fine now!!!
(I hope I didn't forget a step. I sure hope this is the right solution to the problem. Anyway, it worked for me.)
Roy
Quote Reply
Hello!
I had the same problem you had, and I could resolve it thanks to what you did to fix your problem, than you for the help :)
in any case, now everything works, but when the programs makes the building of the pages it says, in the ratings and the hits place, that it found a strange permission error "Couldn't rename! Had to copy. Strange: Permission denied"
I don't know what to think....
The real problem was that the server where I am hosted with the site changed the server location When it opened back all the files hadn't the right permission any more. I did my best reading the info on the set up instruction of the script, but it didn't worked. Now, thanks to your help, everything is working but this little particular.
Anybody had the same problem and knows how to fix it?

--
Kagome
http://www.animegalaxy.com - The Anime and Manga Portal