Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Links 2.0 : Installation -- Unix :

Adding to a selected category produces error

Quote Reply
Adding to a selected category produces error
If I have my 'Submit a Site' linked as such - <A HREF="$build_add_url">Submit a Site</A> - no problems, other than that it doesn't select the category you submitted from.

If I change it to - <A HREF="$build_add_url?Cat=$category_name">Submit a Site</A> - add.cgi doesn't display the add page/form and goes directly to the add_url_error page as if I'd pressed the 'Submit' button.

Here's the add url form details from site_html.pl:

Quote:
sub site_html_add_form {
# --------------------------------------------------------
# This routine determines how the add form page will look like.
#

my $category = shift;
if ($category) {
($category =
qq~$category<input type=hidden name="Category" value="$category">~);
}
else {
if (!@exclude_categories) {
($category = &build_select_field ("Category"));
}
else {
($category = &get_cat_select_list);
}
}

&html_print_headers;
{ print qq~
<html>
<head>

details about adding a site, etc. and here's the add form ...

<FORM ACTION="$build_add_url" METHOD="POST">

<table border ="0" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="3">
<tr><td height=22 align="right" valign="absmiddle"><FONT SIZE=2 COLOR="#000000" FACE="VERDANA,ARIAL">Site Title:</td>
<td height=22 valign="absmiddle"><FONT SIZE=3 COLOR="#000000" FACE="VERDANA,ARIAL"><input name="Title" value="$in{'Title'}" size="30"></td></tr>
<tr><td height=22 align="right" valign="absmiddle"><FONT SIZE=2 COLOR="#000000" FACE="VERDANA,ARIAL">Site URL:</td>
<td height=22 valign="absmiddle"><FONT SIZE=3 COLOR="#000000" FACE="VERDANA,ARIAL"><input name="URL" value="$in{'URL'}" size="30"></td></tr>
<tr><td height=22 align="right" valign="absmiddle"><FONT SIZE=2 COLOR="#000000" FACE="VERDANA,ARIAL">Category:</td>
<td height=22 valign="absmiddle"><FONT SIZE=2 COLOR="#000000" FACE="VERDANA,ARIAL">~; $db_select_fields{'Category'} = join (",", &category_list); print &get_cat_select_list ("Category", "$in{'Category'}"); print qq~</td></tr>
<tr><td height=22 align="right" valign="absmiddle"><FONT SIZE=2 COLOR="#000000" FACE="VERDANA,ARIAL">Short Description:</td>
<td height=22 valign="absmiddle"><FONT SIZE=3 COLOR="#000000" FACE="VERDANA,ARIAL"><textarea wrap="virtual" name="Description" value="$in{'Description'}" rows="2" cols="32">$in{'Description'}</textarea></td></tr>
<tr><td height=22 align="right" valign="absmiddle"><FONT SIZE=2 COLOR="#000000" FACE="VERDANA,ARIAL">Keywords:</td>
<td height=22 valign="absmiddle"><FONT SIZE=3 COLOR="#000000" FACE="VERDANA,ARIAL"><input name="Keywords" value="$in{'Keywords'}" size="30" MAXLENGTH="50"></td></tr>
<tr><td height=22 align="right" valign="absmiddle"><FONT SIZE=2 COLOR="#000000" FACE="VERDANA,ARIAL">Contact Name:</td>
<td height=22 valign="absmiddle"><FONT SIZE=3 COLOR="#000000" FACE="VERDANA,ARIAL"><input name="Contact Name" value="$in{'Contact Name'}" size="30"></td></tr>
<tr><td height=22 align="right" valign="absmiddle"><FONT SIZE=2 COLOR="#000000" FACE="VERDANA,ARIAL">Contact Email:</td>
<td height=22 valign="absmiddle"><FONT SIZE=3 COLOR="#000000" FACE="VERDANA,ARIAL"><input name="Contact Email" value="$in{'Contact Email'}" size="30"></td></tr>
<tr><td height=22 valign="absmiddle"></td><td height=22 valign="absmiddle"><FONT SIZE=2 COLOR="#000000" FACE="VERDANA,ARIAL"><input type="SUBMIT" name="add_record" value="Add Resource"></td></tr>
</table>
</form>

Can anyone help from this or will you need the add.cgi details?

All the best
Shaun
Quote Reply
Re: Adding to a selected category produces error In reply to
Change the following codes:

Code:
<td height=22 valign="absmiddle"><FONT SIZE=2 COLOR="#000000" FACE="VERDANA,ARIAL">~;
$db_select_fields{'Category'} = join (",", &category_list); print &get_cat_select_list ("Category",
"$in{'Category'}"); print qq~</td></tr>

to the following:

Code:
<td height=22 valign="absmiddle"><FONT SIZE=2 COLOR="#000000" FACE="VERDANA,ARIAL">$category</td></tr>

You have already defined what that variable will do above in the following section of codes:

Code:
my $category = shift;
if ($category) {
($category =
qq~$category<input type=hidden name="Category" value="$category">~);
}
else {
if (!@exclude_categories) {
($category = &build_select_field ("Category"));
}
else {
($category = &get_cat_select_list);
}
}

Hope this helps.

Regards,

------------------
Eliot Lee
Anthro TECH,L.L.C
http://www.anthrotech.com
Be sure to visit the Resource Center for FAQ's, Modifications and Extra Goodies!!
----------------------

Quote Reply
Eliot,

I'm still getting similar behavour, it goes straight to the 'Add Error' form and at the top of the form reports the following error:

400 URL missing

Oh - hang on - I've just changed the URL for submitting a site, it was:

Quote:
<A HREF="$build_add_url?Cat=$category_name">Submit a Site</A>

I removed the Cat=$category_name and that fixed it Smile

Thanks
------------------
Shaun Hague
Webmaster - Qango.com
www.qango.com/central/

[This message has been edited by qango (edited January 22, 2000).]
Quote Reply
RIGHT!!!!!!!!!

And the codes I gave are the correct codes to use!

You can not use arguments in the add.cgi, modify.cgi or rate.cgi like you are trying to do!

Regards,

------------------
Eliot Lee
Anthro TECH,L.L.C
http://www.anthrotech.com
Be sure to visit the Resource Center for FAQ's, Modifications and Extra Goodies!!
----------------------