Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Links 2.0 : Installation -- Unix :

Add link from the web

Quote Reply
Add link from the web
Hello,

I have installed the script and it works except that I cannot add new sites from the web. Adding sites from the admin panel is no problem.

I have searched the forum but could not find a answer on that. There is one answer but I doubt this is true for my case. It says "maybe your server does not allow nph files". Actually I do not know whether or not this is so.

Please help me.

Thank you in advance

Torsten Trebess

Quote Reply
Re: Add link from the web In reply to
In Reply To:
I have installed the script and it works except that I cannot add new sites from the web. Adding sites from the admin panel is no problem.
Uh...both are accessible via the Web! Tongue

Anyway...I think you mean the add.cgi script.

Actually, your problem is probably related to NOT using the absolute path in your require line in the add.cgi script.

Search this forum for add.cgi require links.cfg.

Good luck!

Regards,

Eliot Lee
Quote Reply
Thank you for your answer but it still does not work. I hope I do not bother you, but adding a link via the web should actually work because that is what the script is supposed to do.

I can add the link link through the web and I get a confirmation message but when building the pages I do not have any new links. I have changed the add.script (in the .cfg file) address to an absolute url now but still it does not work. What can I do about this?

Thank you in advance

Torsten Trebess

Quote Reply
In Reply To:
I can add the link link through the web and I get a confirmation message but when building the pages I do not have any new links.
Links added through add.cgi must be validated from the admin panel, whereas links added by the administrator through admin.cgi are pre-approved and added immediately.

Happy Coding,

--Drew
http://www.FindingHim.com