Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Links 2.0 : Installation -- Unix :

550 : possible virtual server problem?

Quote Reply
550 : possible virtual server problem?
I'm back to the original 2.0 version w/no mods or changes.

Okay, I've been through all of this about 6 times in the last few days and had an hour arugument with the SE at my ISP, protective .... I guess.

I have links installed and running to a 95% point, problem is that I can't add a link from a template. It even gives me a please wait message (succcess ... BS!!!!)

I mean I can add edit play with whatever through the admin w/NO problems. It's when I go to build the new links that I don't see the added link put in by a user (well that was me) -- it's not on the template area either.

So, I thought, hey, bad permissions whatever. went to check and OOPS my FTP program (anarchie -- mac user) won't let me change permissions on the built directories (new, cool....) I get a 550 error.

Is there any way to get around this? -- let's say building non-new-what's new date files (3-Aug-2000.category.db BUT update.category.db) or something. Or can I get the nph-build.cgi to give permissions that will let me circumvent the server permissions.

Or am I out of the ball park and don't have anything between the ears either :) which is probably true -- don't worry about answering the 2nd comment :)

thanks in advance

Quote Reply
Re: 550 : possible virtual server problem? In reply to
dah, figured it out.

to embarassed to actually write the answer but on of the GODS here actually already answered this problem.

I don't think it was actually the server's problem. USER is a moron ..... :-)

for you newbiez -- including self -- don't forget to validate your links !!! Just building again won't show what has been added.

sorry

and good luck to others like me