Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Links 2.0 : Installation -- Unix :

"Build All" Did I miss something?

Quote Reply
"Build All" Did I miss something?
Could I please get some help?

I'm sorry if this was covered already but, I searched the forums and read a lot but, could not find the answer.

I've installed Links and set all the permissions (at least 5 times, lol) and I can add a category and link. The problem is when I try to "Build All"

When I try to build all I get this error message:"Unable to copy links backup. Reason: Permission denied"

I can edit the templates but, the Build All doesn't work. And I am guessing that the Build All is needed to make the pages?

Also, when I select the "Home Page" link at the top of the Admin page I go to the directory where I uploaded "links.css and the background image." Am I suppose to put an index file there?

Let me know if you need any more information.

Thanks in advance for the help!

Michael,
http://www.vacationisrael.com
Quote Reply
Re: "Build All" Did I miss something? In reply to

Quote:
When I try to build all I get this error message:"Unable to copy links backup. Reason: Permission denied"

This means that the links.db.bak file is not set to 666 (rw-rw-rw-), and that your backup directory is NOT set to 777 (rwxrwxrwx)...thus the permission problems.

Quote:
Am I suppose to put an index file there?

These files could be uploaded in any directory. But you need to identify the .css directory in the $build_css_url in the links.cfg file.

Regards,

------------------
Eliot Lee....
Former Handle: Eliot
Anthro TECH, L.L.C
anthrotech.com
* Check Resource Center
* Thinking out of the box (codes) is not only fun, but effective.

Quote Reply
Thanks!!! After staring at the screen for so long... the problem was that I didn't set the back up directory to 777 ... sheesh.

It seems to work now!

Thanks a bunch!
Quote Reply
You're welcome...glad it is working.

Regards,

------------------
Eliot Lee....
Former Handle: Eliot
Anthro TECH, L.L.C
anthrotech.com
* Check Resource Center
* Thinking out of the box (codes) is not only fun, but effective.