Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Links 2.0 : Installation -- Unix :

"Build All" CGI error.../nph-build.cgi

Quote Reply
"Build All" CGI error.../nph-build.cgi
Unimpressed

Hello:

Having trouble with "Build All" links after link validation from the admin panel.
Have done the following: checked all paths in cfg.pl and links.cfg files, checked all permissions, reinstalled cfg.pl, nph-build.cgi and links.cfg files in ASCII mode, reset permissions, and checked location and validity of ..links/pages/index.html file. I've pretty much run out of options, unless someone offer me other checking options or provide me with something that I may have missed.

The directory noted below in the error message is not password protected, thus cannot figure why "permission is denied". Everthing else works fine within the admin panel and on the site where Links 2.0 is installed.

Here is the error message
:

Error Message : unable to open home page: /home/nbyrd/public_html/the-link-network/links/pages/index.html. Reason: Permission denied
Script Location : /home/x_xx/the-link-network/cgi-bin/links/admin/nph-build.cgi
Perl Version : 5.006001

Form Variables

Thanks in Advance,
nbyrd
Quote Reply
Re: [nbyrd] "Build All" CGI error.../nph-build.cgi In reply to
Try this: make a backup of all your built pages (.../links/pages), delete the contents of /pages, then hit Build All. The script should replace all the pages (incuding directories) that you removed. Sometimes this will fix what seems to be an unusual but not unheard of problem. Don't know what causes it...

Leonard
aka PerlFlunkie
Quote Reply
Re: [PerlFlunkie] "Build All" CGI error.../nph-build.cgi In reply to
SmileHello Leonard:

BINGo.... That worked.

Many Thanks,
nbyrd
Quote Reply
Re: [nbyrd] "Build All" CGI error.../nph-build.cgi In reply to
GREAT! Sly

Sometimes this code stuff is like an old tube TV: a quick slap on the side fixes it, whatever the problem is!

Leonard
aka PerlFlunkie
Quote Reply
Re: [PerlFlunkie] "Build All" CGI error.../nph-build.cgi In reply to
Laugh

This is true.... Smile

Happy Mentoring,
nbyrd