Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Links 2.0 : Discussions :

would you like to have a auto submit ring? I am creating one

Quote Reply
would you like to have a auto submit ring? I am creating one
Hi,

I have been thinking about modifying my auto submit script to submit to links. Here is how it would work everyone who wants there site to be in the script to recieve alot of posts would add this html to there add.html
<a href=http://www.iseekit.net/submit/submit.html>Click here to submit your site to the best Directories on the net</a> or something like that

then when someone submits it would be submitted to every one who is in the script. if there site has that category. So if you run a site devoted to collectibles and someone posts from another collectible site then it would be posted to yours as well. I have already tested this and it works very well and would be easy for me to set it up. Everyone involved would benefit from it. I don't know if this is something you guys will be interested in. If you are reply to this and let me know if there is alot of people interested then i will set it up.
Quote Reply
Re: would you like to have a auto submit ring? I am creating one In reply to
I would prefer NOT to have this Mod implemented. I would rather users add their own sites if they want.

Just my two cents.

Regards,

------------------
Eliot Lee
Anthro TECH,L.L.C
www.anthrotech.com
* Be sure to visit the Resource Center for FAQ's, Modifications and Extra Goodies!!
* Say NO to Duplicate Threads. :)
----------------------

Quote Reply
iseekit,

I think it's a good idea. I'm not sure how you have it set it up, but here are a few things:

1) Obviously every site will not have the same submission information, do you plan on adding these fields to the form?

2) I see alot of duplicate submissions happening. If this is something I used I would definately not replace your form with my add.cgi. Here's a thought, create the script and provide everyone who has joined with a copy. Then on the success submission page we could place a link their saying "Click here to submit your site to the best.....blah,blah", and our site would be removed from that form to avoid dublicate submissions!

Anyway, just a thought. Let me know how it goes.
Quote Reply
Yes that is a very good idea. Thanks for the feedback. That would stop the additional posts. And stop redirection to anyone elses site and still allow other users of links to share submits. probly the best place to put the link would be on the add success page. The only problem that I see is haveing an upto date list. Unless I email everyone that has installed it to let them know to come and download the newest updated script. I could post a message in the addon section and add everyone who is interested and then tell them where to download the script. What do you think?
Quote Reply
Oh, I thought I mentioned that. This is what I would do. Since you are providing the script, just offer a page on your site that would allow "members" to download an updated version. Create a mailing list to inform them that there is an new updated version. Since this is a service that people are providing for their customers, I think it would only benefit them to update the list?? I think so at least!