Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Links 2.0 : Discussions :

unknown tag?

Quote Reply
unknown tag?
when I generate templates or do a search, I get an unknown tag where the links are supposed to be.

We recently just switched hosts, so I dumped everything from one host to the other. And it should work fine right? the only thing that I changed was the paths to perl and the configuration file for the correct paths to the directories.

Secondly, the room seems to be working fine. I mean some of the links work, but not all. Look at the following:

http://www.learntoquestion.com/research/Subjects/Tolerance-Diversity/Gender_Issues/

I'm confused? Is it that one of the data files are corrupted?

I even tried replacing the templates with the originals which come with the package and I still got the 'unknown tag' error.

please help, and send a message to julie@learntoquestion.com
thanks. your help would be greatly appreciated.

Quote Reply
Re: unknown tag? In reply to
The <%error%> tag should only be used in the search_error.html file NOT in the search_results.html file.

Also, with regards to the category page errors you are receiving...it would be best to build your directory fresh rather than simply uploading the complete directory paths into your new web server account.

Regards,

Eliot Lee

Quote Reply
what do you mean build my directory fresh? there's like over 600 links and about a hundred categories! there must be a better way.

i'll go check for the error tags now thanks. But, I don't think that there are any of those in the templates.

Quote Reply
In Reply To:
what do you mean build my directory fresh? there's like over 600 links and about a hundred categories! there must be a better way.
Uh...that means NOT uploading your old directory structure from your OLD site into your new site. It means clicking on the Build All link in the admin.cgi script.

DO you understand now?

Regards,

Eliot Lee

Quote Reply
I did that. I didn't work. I still get the error. I've built it over and over again. nph-build.cgi

and also, here are not error tags in our templates anywhere.

Is there a file that specifies exactly what is in the links part? like the link title, description, date added, hits, rank etc?

because I have a file called link.bak in my template directory and it has stuff like that. it says:

Code:
<li><a class="link" href="<%db_cgi_url%>/jump.cgi?ID=<%ID%>"><%Title%></a> <%if Description%>
<span class="descript">- <%Description%></span> <%endif%> <%if isNew%> <small><sup class="new">new</sup></small>
<%endif%> <small class="date">(Added: <%Date%> Hits: <%Hits%> )

Subject: <%Subject%> Time Period: <%Time_Period%> File Type: <%File_Type%></small>
I think that is causing the problem. I'm not sure. Can you help me figure out what's wrong?