Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Links 2.0 : Discussions :

those little subcategory links...

Quote Reply
those little subcategory links...
I am beginning to customize my main page. I gave the Yahoo and Snap templates a whirl, but am confused about 2 things...

1. Are those little links under the Main categories created dynamically or is Yahoo adding those in as normal links on there first page?

2. Sort of in conjunction to my previous question perhaps is the question of how to
adjust the size of these text links. I am a little confused in the order that certain files seem to take presidence over others. For example it seems that the links.css file is sometimes fighting with the site_html files and the .cfg file in the admin directory... Any pointers from the pros?

Thank you in advance for any tips
It is greatly appreciated
Craig
Quote Reply
Re: those little subcategory links... In reply to
1) They are created via two methods:

a) Adding links in the Description field in the Category screen in LINKS MANAGER.

b) Editing the sub site_html_print_cat routine in the site_html_templates.pl file using the SUBCATEGORIES LIKE YAHOO MOD v2.0 and Subcategories like Yahoo v.2.1 (the latter being easier to install) located in the LINKS MODIFICATION FORUM.

2) The adjustment of these links needs to be done in the same sub-routine I mentioned above in the site_html_templates.pl file.

BTW: These issues have been discussed before.

As a new user, please heed the following advice:

1) First, check the Resource Center for Modification ideas and FAQs for LINKS.

2) Search the forums thoroughly.

3) Then post a question.

Regards,

------------------
Eliot Lee....
Former Handle: Eliot
* Check Resource Center