Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Links 2.0 : Discussions :

the "what's Cool Page"

Quote Reply
the "what's Cool Page"
does the what's cool page just display link that the administrator have declard cool. It does not depend on number of visits, votes etc does it?
Quote Reply
Re: the "what's Cool Page" In reply to
It is based on the number of hits.
Quote Reply
Anybody made a "editor pics" page so that each link has an option for the editor to make it a an editor pic? i guess this should be in the mods section. any ideas?

------------------
-------------------------
http://www.freeontheweb.com/
Reviewed and rated resources for webmasters
Quote Reply
That's not really a mod.

Just pick your links, put them on a page, and put the link to your picks page on whatever pages you want to reference it.

If you want some automatic type of tracking/reference, you want to install the priority mod, and use that to flag "Editors Pick" to put it at the top of the listings, and/or give it special significance. That works great for links inside the database.

To just have an editor's picks page, create the page, and link to it.

Quote Reply
There is an actual editors pick mod around...if its not in the resource center, do a search for "editors pick" in the mods forum and you should be able to find it.

This mod adds "pick" text or graphic just like new/cool, and automatically generates a picks page (no ones figured out how to make it span though...so all your picks will be on one page).
Quote Reply
Thanks bard, i will search for it now.

I know i could have made it pugdog but being lazy, when new links where to be added, it would be a lot easy if they were done automatically if you see what i mean :-)

------------------
http://www.freeontheweb.com/
Reviewed and rated resources for webmasters