Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Links 2.0 : Discussions :

spammers

Quote Reply
spammers
I just found my site listed at http://www.submitta.com/features/engines.php3 , and this is where I've been getting a lot of spam submissions from. It may be worth a look to see if your site is listed.

I've written to them asking for my url to be removed.

This site is making money from their submission software from our urls without asking permission. Does anyone know how we stand legally with this?

Rob
Quote Reply
Re: [mrtrippy] spammers In reply to
I'm not sure how we stand legally, but if you want to block them just search the forums for German Spammers for codes etc on how to block their submissions.

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Try installing the auto-submission blocker mod from the link in my sig..
Quote Reply
Re: [RedRum] spammers In reply to
Thanks for the replies. I'm going to install one of the mods as discussed asap.

I got a reply from submitta.com which promised to take my site off their list, so that means I shouldn't get any more spam submissions from their software.

rob
Quote Reply
Don't hold your breath...even if Submitta takes your site of their list, there are many more auto-submitting services out there in the Web, and you may be added to another list...so installing mods, like the one that Paul Wilson wrote will help to avoid problems in the future.
========================================
Buh Bye!

Cheers,
Me
Quote Reply
Re: [AnthroRules] spammers In reply to
hi people.
i have been listed in a few auto submission sites and some are a problem... others are ok... i only try and bar the ones that the user has to pay for. just so long as i dony have thousands of useless sites submitted i can deal with it.