Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Links 2.0 : Discussions :

rating says "yes" but no number

Quote Reply
rating says "yes" but no number
I have a small mystery -- somehow my ratings say "yes" instead of displaying the rating. I checked permissions, and rate is 777....

I used TNT's Cobalt RaQ work-around, and perhaps that's where the bug is.... or I just messed something up!

Thanks for any thoughts. Install is at http://www.EQ.org

-Josh

Quote Reply
Re: rating says "yes" but no number In reply to
Hmm...let me guess...You added a new field without updating your database? OR you deleted one of the crucial fields, like:

isNew
isPopular
Hits
Ratings
Votes

without hacking the nph-build.cgi file?

Regards,

Eliot Lee

Quote Reply
Maybe!

I tried to install Loopy's alt cats, but data was appearing in wrong fields... so I went back to my backup. But I can imagine I might have screwed something else up ??

How do I check to see if I deleted one of the fields you mentioned?

When you say "updated your database" that means?

Sigh.

??:-/
-Josh

Quote Reply
In Reply To:
When you say "updated your database" that means?
That means adding a column of the delimiter character where you added the field in the links.def. If you search for upgrade.pl in the Links 2.0 Customization Forum, you should find quite a few threads where codes for this script have been provided. This script automatically adds the extra column in your links.db.

Basically, since you attempting to add a field in the links.def without updating your EXISTING links.db, your links.db is now corrupted.

Regards,

Eliot Lee

Quote Reply
Ah. So perhaps I got a couple entries w. data in the wrong "column" and so the table is unhappy.

Can you lead me to a reference on how to clean up my db table? It seems like I ought to be able to just import it into Excel, clean it up, and re-upload... but I do not understand what the field order should be. I'd hate to have to re-enter all the records! (only about 40, but still!)
-J

Quote Reply
If you are going to keep the AltCategories field, then I would start with a clean copy of your links.db. Then use the upgrade.pl script to automatically add the new column in the links.db file. Don't know how to be more clear than this.

Good luck!

Regards,

Eliot Lee