Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Links 2.0 : Discussions :

problem with New/Cool/Ratings, no slash after the links.

Quote Reply
problem with New/Cool/Ratings, no slash after the links.
When I go to my link page, all the categories work fine, but the NEW/Cool/Ratings links are all like www.site.com/links/new or sites.com/links/cool and it won't work because there is no slash at the end. Why is there no slash at the end? How do I edit it so there is a slash at the end and the links work?

Thank you for your help.
Quote Reply
Re: [helpme3] problem with New/Cool/Ratings, no slash after the links. In reply to
You need to edit the templates...

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [Andy] problem with New/Cool/Ratings, no slash after the links. In reply to
hmm, which ones?
Quote Reply
Re: [helpme3] problem with New/Cool/Ratings, no slash after the links. In reply to
All of them, if you have links to the new, ratings, and cool pages in all your template files. Look for <%build_new_url%>.
========================================
Buh Bye!

Cheers,
Me
Quote Reply
Re: [Stealth] problem with New/Cool/Ratings, no slash after the links. In reply to
I just installed the links2.0 and that's it, I never edited templates or anything, how come there was no slash after the links in the first place? Shouldn't they have been created?

Where are the files that I have to edit?
Quote Reply
/admin/templates/
Buh Bye!

Cheers,
Me
Quote Reply
Re: [Stealth] problem with New/Cool/Ratings, no slash after the links. In reply to
Okay, I'm starting to understand a bit.

But what about when the categories are listed. Say I click on the category "Games", then the menu is up top. How do I change that template?

Question 2. I've edited some templates, and added 2 sites. Now when I go to that category, the links aren't listed, what could be the problem?

Question 3. Why did someone say when you add the templates from their site, you may have to edit nph-build and site_html_templates?
Quote Reply
Quote:

But what about when the categories are listed. Say I click on the category "Games", then the menu is up top. How do I change that template?

You need to edit the HTML codes within the $output statements in the site_html_templates.pl file (sub site_html_print_cat) - discussed before in the forums.

Quote:

Question 2. I've edited some templates, and added 2 sites. Now when I go to that category, the links aren't listed, what could be the problem?

Uh...ya need to "build" your directory. Open the admin.cgi and click on the BUILD ALL link. (referenced in the README file, read it)

Quote:

Question 3. Why did someone say when you add the templates from their site, you may have to edit nph-build and site_html_templates?

Because those templates may have specialized codes/tags in them that you would need to edit additional files.
Buh Bye!

Cheers,
Me
Quote Reply
I did build the links, but it still wouldn't show up. THe category says there are links, but when I click on the category, it's empty.
Quote Reply
Do you have any mods installed, I have the download Archive mod installed and you need to have at least 5 links in your database before you can build.

If your still having problems getting the script to run, please post your links.cfg file so that the paths can be correctly identified.
Quote Reply
It's most likely because you have either removed important tags (like <%tags%>) or messed up their appearance in the category.html template file.

The tags should like the following:

<%if links%>
<%links%>
<%endif%>

All on SEPARATE lines, like I mentioned, PRESERVING the TAGS in the template files.
Buh Bye!

Cheers,
Me
Quote Reply
Re: problem with New/Cool/Ratings, no slash after the links. In reply to
The problem you had, as its fixed now, was the templates you downloaded had the / missing. Links 2.0 origanal templates are ok, but the templates you obtained all read things like this:-

<a href="<%build_root_url%>New/" class="menulink">What's New</a>

where in fact it should read:-

<a href="<%build_root_url%>/New/" class="menulink">What's New</a>

You need to contact the webmaster of where you downloaded your templates and let them know of the problem. Every template was the same.

Last edited by:

stu2000: Aug 18, 2002, 3:33 PM