Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Links 2.0 : Discussions :

jump.cgi?ID=random

Quote Reply
jump.cgi?ID=random
Hi,

how do you make the jump.cgi?ID=random, not to go to the site but to goto the detailed page of that random link? :-)

thanx in advance
Quote Reply
Re: jump.cgi?ID=random In reply to
That would be complicated. What you would have to do is edit the random codes in the jump.cgi file. Use some redirection codes for the random link to go to the detailed view.

You also have to pull the ID of the random link and make sure that you use redirection codes that goes to the ID.shtml rather than just jumping to the jump.cgi script.

Regards,

------------------
Eliot Lee
Anthro TECH,L.L.C
www.anthrotech.com
----------------------

[This message has been edited by Eliot (edited January 02, 2000).]
Quote Reply
Okay, sounds really hard. I'm no god at this programming thing. Could you help me out and do a script or something that would do it, or a mod?

Thanx again, in advance.
Quote Reply
Why don't you try to learn Perl. I am still learning Perl and I like challenging myself with stuff to do. The best way for you to learn is to take some Perl tutorials, buy a Perl book (Perl Cook Book and Perl for Dummies are two that I would recommend), and experiment with codes.

Regards,

------------------
Eliot Lee
Anthro TECH,L.L.C
www.anthrotech.com
----------------------

Quote Reply
I've tried to learn it, in the past, but have had no look.

Please could you try and do something for me that will fix this problem.

This could even be a new mod :-). I'm sure other people running detailed pages would like to make the Random link goto the detailed page, so that the person clicking knows what the link is before going to the site. Please :-).
Quote Reply
Why don't you contact one of the Installers in the Resource Center and ask for their assistance?

Regards,

------------------
Eliot Lee
Anthro TECH,L.L.C
www.anthrotech.com
----------------------