Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Links 2.0 : Discussions :

how to edit email in record when viewing Validate?

Quote Reply
how to edit email in record when viewing Validate?
In validating a new record, I want to change the 'Contact Email' field with another email address. However, I thought if I 'build' the database, that email change I make would stay, but it doesn't.

So, must I change the email to what I want, then validate the record before my email change keeps?

I'm doing this to cut down on web submitters services and the many phoney email addresses. In short, I visit Network Solutions to find the true web site owner, and thus I want to replace the email address with true owner of domain. But during validation, I can edit the original email, but must I then validate that record to keep my change?

Thank you.

Mark Bishop

Quote Reply
Re: how to edit email in record when viewing Validate? In reply to
Simply MODIFY the link with the correct Email address...no building involved...the record will be automatically updated in the links.db file.

Regards,

Eliot Lee
Quote Reply
Re: how to edit email in record when viewing Validate? In reply to
I am not being clear. These links have not been validated yet. So, modifying will not work. As I review each new link in the Admin menu, I want to manually change the 'contact email' address, overwrite it with another email address. Is this possible?

Why? Because many of the submitted sites come from submitting services, submission scripts, etc., and I want to send the validation email to the email address of the domain owner of those links not yet validated and of which I want to validate.

However, it seems I can't overwrite the new link record if not yet validated.

Does this make sense? I basically want to make sure the validation email goes to the domain owner's email address and quite often that is not the 'contact email' that has been originally entered.

Thank you!

Mark Bishop