Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Links 2.0 : Discussions :

how NOT to send an email on delete ?

Quote Reply
how NOT to send an email on delete ?
Hi,

I would like to be able to not sending a reason when deleting a waiting url ... how do I disable it ?

Thanks,
Frank

Quote Reply
Re: how NOT to send an email on delete ? In reply to
Don't quote me on this but I thought I read a post several months ago saying you can clear out the message text-box and the email won't be sent.

--Drew
Quote Reply
Actually...that won't do it, junko. A blank message will be sent to the Link Owner instead...However, there was a Thread posted where codes were provided for creating a flag variable and then editing the db_utils.pl file.

Search the Links 2.0 Customization forum for db_email_delete using And search option and All posts for the Date Range.

Regards,

Eliot

Quote Reply
Eliot, according to an FAQ in the resource center (how do I disable rejection letters?), the program won't send a blank message.

http://gossamer-threads.com/...es/Detailed/896.html

In fact, I cleared out the contents of email-del.txt and deleted a link off my site that I added under my email address, and I didn't recieve an email. To make sure my email wasn't just taking forever to recieve, I also ran a targeted newsletter to myself and got the email in less than a minute, and still no message concerning the link I deleted.

--Drew