Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Links 2.0 : Discussions :

duplicate IDs

Quote Reply
duplicate IDs
I've just gone to validate a bunch of links when I notice the links reached a certain number (360 or so) and then began strating from 1 again... I've searched the forum and haven't found a solution from recent times. Only some link to a regeneration script that doesn't exist anymore... before I destroy my links DB.... (I haven't begun the build yet) - what is causing this and what do i have to do to fix this...

Thanks for your help,

Vered
Quote Reply
Re: [veredgf] duplicate IDs In reply to
search for linksid

here is one: http://www.gossamer-threads.com/...tring=linksid;#20391

Gene
"The older I get, the more I admire competence, just simple competence in any field from adultery to zoology."
Quote Reply
Re: [esm] duplicate IDs In reply to
Hi Gene,

Thanks - I was actually thinking about playing with linksid... my main concern is that I already began validating some of the new links with the wrong IDs... and I also have quite a few links with such an ID.... will chanding linksid fix them?

Vered
Quote Reply
Re: [veredgf] duplicate IDs In reply to
setting the linksid number to the 1 + max ID in the links.db file will not cause a problem ( actually, I think you could set it to the max ID as the program will increment it before using it in the add process ).

you should verify that you do not have any duplicate IDs as that would be a problem. the easy way would be to import the links.db file into Excel and sort the first column. then use a mathematical expression to compare two adjacent rows so that you can spot any duplicate ( if you subtract the two the difference should be 1. if it is zero, then they are dups - Eyeballing them is not a good way to check for duplicates ).

Gene
"The older I get, the more I admire competence, just simple competence in any field from adultery to zoology."