Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Links 2.0 : Discussions :

Yet another error message

Quote Reply
Yet another error message
Sorry, but we were unable to rate the resource for the following reason:

Unable to find link with ID '5~~5'.

Please contact the site administrator if you have any questions.

That's what happens when I try to rate a link. Can anyone help me??
Quote Reply
Re: [mikekoke00] Yet another error message In reply to
Could you attah rate.html to this forum for us to have a look? I think I had this problem before...it was down to a missing tag Unimpressed

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [A.J.] Yet another error message In reply to
Ok there is the links.html i dont know what the problem is still?
Quote Reply
Erm, I asked for rate.html to be attached, not link.html Wink

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Hi,

Cheerup.

Your links2.0 has been installed and also password protected the admin with .htaccess protn. the details of username and password and the directory where the password file lies is sent thru pm. In case u would want to change the username and password then u can do so from the utility that has been uploaded to your cgi-bin directory. Do no changes to your .htaccess file.

Only .htpasswd file has to be updated every tome you would want the username and password to be changed or you would want new username and passwd to be added.

New username:password has to be on new line in the .htpasswd file.

Do mail me in case of any help. hope more ppl turn out for free assistance to forum users.... and thnx for trusting with yr ftp account details.

Your Links2.0 pages at: http://cgi-bin.spaceports.com/...oke/links_dir/pages/

Your Admin is at: http://cgi-bin.spaceports.com/..._dir/admin/admin.cgi

There was error in yr links.cfg file and possibly you had done some changes to rate.cgi and rate.html file. Also there seems to be some editing on ...template.pl file for reasons told to you earlier. I see http://localhost/...... stuff in status bar momentararily when testing your install.

If u want to unprotect the admin diretory just rename the .htpasswd file in that directory to any name like .htpasswd1. But do not delete it else for reprotecting u will have to start from scratch

Thnx

Anup

=_= =_= =_= =_= =_= =_=

You can chain me, you can torture me, you can even destroy this body, but you will never imprison my mind.
-Mahatma Gandhi
Quote Reply
Re: [anup123] Yet another error message In reply to
Erm, and there was any point in this post? Why not just send it through PM Wink

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Quote Reply
Re: [A.J.] Yet another error message In reply to
Oh! just was looking for the "Blue Book" of forum but could not find one. Thanx for valuable guidance neway of how to communicate. Shall think ab it in future posts if i feel the same to be in place. i have a suggestion that a "Guidelines or The Rule Book" to be placed on the forum so that no one gets the opportunity to be a big brother to ne one.

Cool

Anup

=_= =_= =_= =_= =_= =_=

You can chain me, you can torture me, you can even destroy this body, but you will never imprison my mind.
-Mahatma Gandhi

Last edited by:

anup123: Apr 6, 2002, 5:51 AM