Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Links 2.0 : Discussions :

Wrong Name in Pages

Quote Reply
Wrong Name in Pages
I've noticed that all of my links categories still display the 'Gossamer Threads' main heading. I can't rename the site name in Links.cfg. If I do, the whole directory ceases to work properly. I want each page to display my site name. How do I do this?

Jeremy
Quote Reply
Re: [Isaiah] Wrong Name in Pages In reply to
You most likely are using special reserved Perl characters (like ' /, etc.), You need to escape these characters, like:

Code:

$build_site_title = 'Someone\'s Site';

See the backslash before the apostrophe!

Or simply don't use special accents or characters in your site's title.
========================================
Buh Bye!

Cheers,
Me
Quote Reply
Instead of escaping everywhere try:

$build_site_title = "Someone's Site";

Using /, etc would not cause a problem.

Last edited by:

RedRum: Oct 2, 2001, 3:45 AM
Quote Reply
Re: [AnthroRules] Wrong Name in Pages In reply to
That's what I've done but no change. What I mean is that if change anything in the links.cfg file, check permissions, etc. it sends the whole Links directory crazy! So what's that about? I even wanted to change the option in the file so that I can automatically send an e-mail when the link is validated but it won't let me do that - all that means is changing a 0 to a 1! Hardly technical stuff!!!

Help, please, before I ditch this wonderful program which is wasting serious amounts of my time. ie. I don't want to part with it but I can't wasted time.

Mad
Quote Reply
Telling us what happens or an error that occurs would be much more helpful than saying it goes "crazy"
Quote Reply
Re: [RedRum] Wrong Name in Pages In reply to
Sorry, I'm just a little Mad at all this now!

What I mean is that it just refuses to work. It goes back to attempting to download the admin.cgi file. What I'm saying is that surely only changing 1 number shouldn't throw the whole program inot chaos? I've been ultra careful not to touch anyhting else.

Quote Reply
Open the download and read the message inside.
Post deleted by RedRum In reply to