Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Links 2.0 : Discussions :

Which template creates index.html page?

Quote Reply
Which template creates index.html page?
I've got a busted template that's distorting my category page when I do a build. But, I can't figure out WHICH template creates the index.html files for the various categories.

Please advise as to which template controls the creation of the index.html files for the categories. Thanks in advance!

Quote Reply
Re: Which template creates index.html page? In reply to
The main index page (eg - www.domain.com/links/index.html) is built by home.html and the subcategories (eg - www.domain.com/links/category/index.html) is built by category.html.

Hope this answers your question.

(: Danny :)
Quote Reply
I believe its home.html

Mad people think they are perfectly normal. I think I'm normal too :)
Quote Reply
I've checked both of those templates prior to doing a build and they look fine. But when I build it destroys the table structure and shoves everything over to the right.

Is there something else that could be causing that? And, FYI, the home.html page looks fine after a build. But when I click on the link to one of the categories that page is destroyed. Does that help in determining what might be the cause? Please advise!

Quote Reply
Well it is definately in category.html, then. You say everything is getting shoved to the right? I think this is a table problem. You should specify "table border=1" for each of the tables on category.html and then take a look at where the tables lie. You are probably missing a colspan somewhere.

(: Danny :)
Quote Reply
Ok, i'll just re=do the category.html template completely and see if that remedies the situation. I'll keep you posted!

Quote Reply
CATEGORY layout and alignment is created in the sub site_html_print_cat routine in the site_html_templates.pl file...that is probably screwing up your alignment...

EDIT the HTML codes in the above subroutine.

Regards,

Eliot Lee Wink
http://anthrotech.com/
Quote Reply
Wrong forum...this is for LINKS 2.0...not LINKS SQL.

Regards,

Eliot Lee Wink
http://anthrotech.com/
Quote Reply
Eliot:

I know which forum it is.... and we ARE talking about Links 2.0. BTW, the problem has been corrected. Thanks to all for the help.