Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Links 2.0 : Discussions :

Verifying Links

Quote Reply
Verifying Links
I just wanted to say that when I first started using the final release of links I have not been able to verify links. The only exception was when I only had about 25 links in the database would it verify them using the socket method which was fine by me. When I added more links and the count was around 70 it stopped working. It would start and just hang after about 20 links were checked. It never would complete and my browser would time out after about 2 minutes. This has been going on for some time and today I noticed when I viewed my links.db that contained 70 links using wordpad I noticed that the document opened but did have a scroll bar. I could scroll down by high lighting text with the mouse so I new all the links were present and everything was in order as far as one link per line. This got me to thinking about why when I verified links it would hang after 25 links. So I hit enter about 6 times after the last link to make the scroll bar appear and uploaded the file. Now everything works perfectly. It validates 71 links in 41 seconds using the socket method with no hang ups. I dont know why this problem ever occured because I have never edited the links.db file manually. I have read about other peoples problems with verifying links and I wanted to share my solution in case others encounter it also.

[This message has been edited by mwebster (edited March 12, 1999).]
Quote Reply
Re: Verifying Links In reply to
I tried this, but unfortunately I still can't verify my links.. Hopefully Alex will address this. Frown

------------------
www.serve.com/garden/links
www.serve.com/garden/aaron
www.serve.com/garden/board

Quote Reply
Re: Verifying Links In reply to
Has anyone got the verify working? It will not work from the web and stops after just a few checks through telnet.

Jerry