Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Links 2.0 : Discussions :

Validating is killing my memory ?

Quote Reply
Validating is killing my memory ?
Hi,

I have been trying to validate recently and all I am finding is that my machine is running out of memory. I have tried it on various machines, up to 256Mb memory, PIII's and different operating systems as well as Netscape and IE 4,5. But I still get the same problem. It basically kills my machine. I only have 10 to 20 links to validate but this seems to be enough. Does anyone know what might be causing this or how to get around it.

Thanks

Quote Reply
Re: Validating is killing my memory ? In reply to
The way to get around this is simply COPY the links in your validate.db file and then PASTE them into your links.db file. Then update the linksid.txt file with the last ID of your Links in the links.db file.

The problem is that if you have a lot of categories or more than 150 fields, then the validated links forms will take a long time to build and end up using all your reserved memory in the process.

Regards,

Eliot Lee
Quote Reply
The problem is I have to change probably 5 or so fields each time and it's much easier in the validate screen. Ah well guess I have no choice. There is around 130 categories and 40 fields for each record. Suppose that is quite a bit.
Well, thanks for the advice, I'll do it manually like you suggested.

Matt

Quote Reply
In Reply To:
40 fields for each record
That is a lot especially if most of them are drop-down menus with a lot of option values.

You're welcome...

Regards,

Eliot Lee