Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Links 2.0 : Discussions :

User of 2.0 since 1999 can give advice

Quote Reply
User of 2.0 since 1999 can give advice
Hi all, I have been using 2.0 since 1999 on http://www.footballsites.com
I know the script inside and out, well fairly well.
I have a good knowledge of it anyway as far as headers, updating, and the usual stuff.
If you want to ask me some questions feel free.
Stop on by to look at The Football Search Engine and let me know what you think.
Quote Reply
Re: [flippster] User of 2.0 since 1999 can give advice In reply to
Is this a nice post offering free help or is it a roundabout way of promoting your site?
Quote Reply
Re: [PaulW] User of 2.0 since 1999 can give advice In reply to
Basically, I read some posts about doing headers and I have experienced some problems that I can help with. Granted I do not know it all, far from it, but if someone looked at my site and liked what I did, they might have a question concerning how I formatted something. Mind you I get plenty of hits from regular search engine traffic and do not need traffic from a message board. Especially from people looking for help with this script. UNless they are into football. What good would the traffic from here do me? Would they buy advertising which is my main source of income? I don't think so. I think you have a job to watch this board and look for such things. Next time you have this question, email me personally, I will let you know. Nice way to put me and my generosity out on front street. So yes my intention was a sincere offer of help. And I am hoping your remark was a sincere attempt to keep away those wishing to promote there site. But don't people want to see the sites of people who have installed the script?
Quote Reply
Re: [flippster] User of 2.0 since 1999 can give advice In reply to
Sure but a good way to help would be to add some faq's to the resource section because in no time your thread will disappear down the list but a faq will always be there to help people.

Last edited by:

PaulW: Nov 18, 2001, 9:28 AM
Quote Reply
Re: [PaulW] User of 2.0 since 1999 can give advice In reply to
I think what I will do is try and make time to come here more often and answer some specific questions if I can. If I can help someone, that would be great. I have benefitted from this script and would like to give something back to others.