Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Links 2.0 : Discussions :

URL MAXLENGTH

Quote Reply
URL MAXLENGTH
Hello to all. On the admin section..where you go to add a link...Then in the place where you add the URL...inside the code for the for there is something like MAXLENGTH=75 for the URL. Where can I change this to be MAXLENGTH=200. I have a long url so I need to change it but dont know where. Can someone please tell me. Thanks.

Also can someone tell me how I go about setting up a password protected section for the admin file. Please let me know. Thanks.
Quote Reply
Re: URL MAXLENGTH In reply to
1) Take a look at your links.def file, it should be pretty clear what you need to change.

2) .htaccess is your answer.

* In my best Eliot impersonation: Try searching the forums. Wink

Dan

p.s. Eliot, are you on the UBB search feature payroll? Smile No one else seems to have much luck finding stuff with UBB searches...
Quote Reply
Nope...But I have used UBB for three years, and I know how to use it.

Wink

Also, if you do not have access to .htaccess in your account, then refer to the Admin Password Mod, currently posted in the Modification Forum!

Regards,

------------------
Eliot Lee
Anthro TECH,L.L.C
www.anthrotech.com
* Be sure to visit the Resource Center for FAQ's, Modifications and Extra Goodies!!
* Say NO to Duplicate Threads. Smile
----------------------

[This message has been edited by Eliot (edited January 29, 2000).]
Quote Reply
Thanks very much for taking the time. I fix one problem. As far as the password go....Well lets just say I cant even begin to imagine what it .htaccess..

hehe...I'll figure out later...
Quote Reply
Uh...You should contact your hosting company or server administrator to find out about .htacccess. Or learn about UNIX programming. Or look at the various server's web sites for more information.

IF you get stuck, look at the Admin Mod in the Modification Forum!

Regards,

------------------
Eliot Lee
Anthro TECH,L.L.C
www.anthrotech.com
* Be sure to visit the Resource Center for FAQ's, Modifications and Extra Goodies!!
* Say NO to Duplicate Threads. :)
----------------------