Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Links 2.0 : Discussions :

Templates not updating

Quote Reply
Templates not updating
I updated via the templates in the admin panel and nothing updated. So I went over, grabbed the index.html file, and edited things -- changed every description on 47 categories. Added a new footer. Uploaded it and when you open it in the admin folder, it's the same as the old one, as if no changes were made.

I can see the descriptions not changing since those are done in a different manner but I can't even get the footer to fix itself now.

I also notice that every link in the index.html page for a category had a double backslash -- i.e. .com/links//index.html, .com/links//category.html

How did that happen?

Add a site also brings up the same 'library' errors I encountered earlier, as does any cgi file I try to write to

I'd like to be alone in a room, and enjoy the company.
Quote Reply
Re: [hairy] Templates not updating In reply to
The double backslashes are the result of an error in your links.cfg file. When you enter the path and URL info, DO NOT put a backslash at the end of the line.

# PATH and URL of Admin CGI directory. No Trailing Slash.

To change the category description, you need to change it for each category, using the admin interface.

Not sure what you mean with the footer, explain more. Same with your add.cgi error (fixing the backslash problem might fix that, though).

Leonard
aka PerlFlunkie
Quote Reply
Re: [PerlFlunkie] Templates not updating In reply to
Yep, fixed that after I posted it and got the libraries to work it seems by making a change in the path for admin.cgi in all cgi files.

Now, the footer.

Each category will have a different footer.

When setting up a category, I put in the footer spot: http://mydomain.com/.../nameofcategory.html

I created a file named nameofcategory.html and of course placed it in the /links/templates directory -- not in the cgi-bin

When I bring up that category page, there is no footer, no error, nada

I'd like to be alone in a room, and enjoy the company.
Quote Reply
Re: [hairy] Templates not updating In reply to
refer to your other thread:

http://www.gossamer-threads.com/...i?post=256466#256466

Leonard
aka PerlFlunkie