Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Links 2.0 : Discussions :

Template friendly mods

Quote Reply
Template friendly mods
Hello,

I'm setting up a site using templates and was told by by installer that if I use templates many, if not all, of the mods won't work. Does anyone know what mods do work with templates?

Thanx!
Quote Reply
Re: Template friendly mods In reply to
I have no idea where your "installer" got that idea. Most of the mods for Links v2 work with templates. Your installer is misinformed. See the Gossamer Threads Resource Center for a list of mods. Nearly all will work with both templates and non-templates. The URL is http://www.gossamer-threads.com/scripts/resources/
Quote Reply
He probley just wants to charge you more because he would also say that it would be hard to edit the site_html.pl and that he should do it so he can make more money.

------------------
Quote Reply
Thanx for the input. This is both good and bad information... What "mods" do you think are the most valuable additions?

[This message has been edited by anachron (edited June 05, 1999).]
Quote Reply
It really depends on what you want to do. There are some good ones like search sub catgory only and the keyword tracker. I say the keyword tracker is the best one for anysite becuase they would know what the user is searching for then. But it depends on wha you want the user to be able to do and the purpose of your site.

------------------
Quote Reply
Yes, I agree Keyword tracker sounds like a very good mod. I'm really interested in making the site as user friendly as possible. Links is already so damn good to begin with, but then again there are also so many mods by people who obviously needed just a little more...

In the matter of my site I was thinking of 3 level of new graphics, star rating instead of number(s), user addition verify, user pasword, user password mail, Keyword tracker (and tableizer). I know these aren't the proper names, but I hope you'll know which ones I'm mentioning.

Would you have any suggestions of other possibilities?