Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Links 2.0 : Discussions :

Table cell background colors not working

Quote Reply
Table cell background colors not working
Here's a question for the experts here:
I've been using the default CSS, and templates, and modifiying the templates, such as category to be able to move things around a bit. One problem I've run into is that banners and things which are built in tables (like Barnes & Noble, etc.) are not printing the BG colors to screen. Everything STAYS white even if I hard code BG colors into tables and cells within the templates. Which tag(s) are overriding all my color specs? Is it the background tag in the setup file, or is one of the tags in the CSS?

Still learning CSS, and have modified a few things successfully, and embedded some various SSI stuff into the templates, but this background override thing has me stumped.

So Smile that's why I'm requesting help here.

------------------
Christopher Simmons, pres.
Mindset
Quote Reply
Re: Table cell background colors not working In reply to
Hi Chris

It will be the colours for td in the style steet which are overiding the settings in the html.

2 options:

1. delete all references to color: and background from td bits of links.css

2. create some new classes for the different colors, eg .red { background: red } and use it like this: <td class="red">

best bet might be to do 2. and set the colours in the HTML so NN3 users get the colours.

Hope this helps

Chris

[This message has been edited by Chris Croome (edited September 26, 1999).]
Quote Reply
I had that problem when browsing my directory with Netscape, That was not the case with MSIE. I realised that the background of empty cells would not show unless their was something in the cell. I solved this by placing a caracter in every cell. I colored that caracter the same color than the background so nobody sees it.

Pat
Quote Reply
I had that problem when browsing my directory with Netscape, That was not the case with MSIE. I realised that the background of empty cells would not show unless their was something in the cell. I solved this by placing a caracter in every cell. I colored that caracter the same color than the background so nobody sees it.

Pat