Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Links 2.0 : Discussions :

Strike one :)

Quote Reply
Strike one :)
Hi,

I posted this message before, but I'm not sure if anyone noticed...it was as follows:

I was testing out Links 2.0 after setting it up...I went to the site, submitted some random link, and went to go validate it in the admin. I did so but went to check the email address I had entered when submitting my link, but I never got the confirmation email...any idea why that is? I had already edited the .txt files...

Oh, also...is there anyway to remove the "Description" field without disrupting everything? I wouldn't want my links taking up a lot of space with descriptions and was wondering if that can be "turned off"...

Any help would be appreciated...

Sorry to post this again, but I could REALLY use some help with this! Smile

------------------
Chris - TWT Commish
http://www.warningtrack.net
"Curing the World of Cluless Baseball Fans"
Quote Reply
Re: Strike one :) In reply to
First, make sure these are set to 1 in links.cfg:

Code:
# Notify visitors automatically when their links are validated?
$db_email_add = 0;

# Notify visitors automatically when their links are modified?
$db_email_modify = 0;

Second, there is nothing requiring the use of the description field. You can just not use it if you do not want to, but I would not remove it from the database itself. Just remove it from the add and modify forms, and delete it from the link display.

Lastly, both your original message and this second posting were done on the same day (based on the dates). Please have a bit of patience as people are not online here all the time since they may be involved in other things.

I hope this helps.
Quote Reply
Hi,

Thanks for your help, actually my original post was on the 9th, this one on the 10th...but I see your point...however it seems to me that once it gets pushed down lower in the list, it seems to get lost in the shuffle.

Thanks for your help..

------------------
Chris - TWT Commish
Quote Reply
Sorry, one more thing...

I tried to remove it from the add and modify form...but when I did I got an error when I tried to submit another link...I was careful to make sure I didn't remove the wrong bit of HTML (code?)...so I'm not sure what's wrong exactly..

------------------
Chris - TWT Commish
Quote Reply
What is the error message you are getting and where/when are you getting it?

You may have posted your first message in this thread on the 10th, your time, but as I said, per the dates indicated, both were posted on the same day (the 9th). This UBB site is in the Pacific Time Zone. The point I was trying to make is that less than 24 hours had elapsed between them. Fridays and Saturdays are usually slow around here in my experience; at least, they were! Wink