Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Links 2.0 : Discussions :

Space between links....

Quote Reply
Space between links....
Hello!

I have two issues I'm trying to resolve. I'm using Links 2.0 without templates. The first issue involves a line break between each of the listed links. So my page looks like:

LINKS:

.Amazon.com - A big book site!

.Barnes and Noble.com - A big book site!

I'd like it to look like the following:

.Amazon.com - blah blah
.Barnes and Noble.com - blah blah

Where do I edit this display? I assume I'm looking for a <br> somewhere, but I don't know where!

Secondly, I've added the Yahoo subcategories modification, and for the subcategories with two or more words, I can see the _ (underscore) in Netscape but not in IE. Any suggestions?

Thanks!

John
Quote Reply
Re: Space between links.... In reply to
1) Edit the sub site_html_link in the site_html.pl file.

2) Did you copy the newest version of the Yahoo Subcategories Mod? The newest version is in the Links Modification Forum.

Regards,

------------------
Eliot Lee
Anthro TECH,L.L.C
www.anthrotech.com
* Be sure to visit the Resource Center for FAQ's, Modifications and Extra Goodies!!
* Say NO to Duplicate Threads. :)
----------------------

Quote Reply
Thanks for the reply. The sub site_html_link in the site_html.pl fileis the one I have been looking at, but unfortunately I can't figure where the line break is indicated in the code. Help! And what's generating those bullets to the left of the links?

Regarding the most recent update on the Yahoo subcategories mod, I'll check it out.

Thanks again!

John
Quote Reply
1) The bullets are being created with the following codes:

Code:
($output = qq~<font face="Verdana" size="2"><b><ul><li><a href="$build_detail_url/$rec{$db_key}$build_extension">$rec{'Title'}</a></font></b>~) :
($output = qq~<font face="Verdana" size="2"><b><ul><li><a class="link" href="$build_jump_url?$db_key=$rec{$db_key}">$rec{'Title'}</a></font></b>~);

Do you know what <ul> does? If not...shows a lack of HTML, which is not a good sign for you using LINKS.

2) In terms of making a line break between links, what I would recommend is deleting the <ul> codes.

Then replace the following code </ul> with <br>.

Regards.

------------------
Eliot Lee
Anthro TECH,L.L.C
www.anthrotech.com
* Be sure to visit the Resource Center for FAQ's, Modifications and Extra Goodies!!
* Say NO to Duplicate Threads. :)
----------------------