Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Links 2.0 : Discussions :

Small wish for Links

Quote Reply
Small wish for Links
I would really like to know how many messages are sent when I do a mass mailing. With duplicate addresses and no mail requests, it's impossible to know how many people you are mailing to. If you have a client that wants to sponsor a mailing, how do you tell him how many people his message will reach?

------------------
Will
Webmaster
FishHoo! Search index for Fishermen
www.fishhoo.com
Quote Reply
Re: Small wish for Links In reply to
Someone has made a modification i think to help you do this. I saw it somewhere but not sure where. Check out the resources section or perhaps do a search in the forums. Hope that helps

------------------
-------------------------
http://www.freeontheweb.com/
Reviewed and rated resources for webmasters
-------------------------
Quote Reply
I guess someone needs to put it under my nose. I sure can't find it.

------------------
Will
Webmaster
www.fishhoo.com
Quote Reply
It was posted by Predator on April 23rd, try doing a search on that username.
Quote Reply
Thanks! That was "Close But No Cigar". I can easily tell the number of newsletter subscribers by viewing the email.db with a text editor that has a line counter. My problem is when i do a mailing to the link owners. That's where I run into duplicate addresses because professional webmasters are indexing sites for their clients and using their own address. Just today, a guy wantd to pay me to announce his new affiliate program, but i couldn't tell him how many site owners would get the message. I do consider losing money a problem.

Any other suggestions?

------------------
Will
Webmaster
www.fishhoo.com

[This message has been edited by willdeb (edited August 16, 1999).]