Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Links 2.0 : Discussions :

Server recognizes only .php

Quote Reply
Server recognizes only .php
I want to use the php tags that enable me to put in just a couple of lines for the header and footer. It follows that my files have to be named .php. I have no knowledge whatsoever about CGI so I don't want to mess with the files. When the pages are built, how do I make them .php? Would it be ok to just rename them (if that's possible?) and just change the navigation links?

Quote Reply
Re: Server recognizes only .php In reply to
In links.cfg change the variable for the built page endings from .html to .php

Paul Wilson. Shocked
(Dont blame me if I'm wrong!)
Quote Reply
The variable you need to change is $build_extension. Although keep in mind that the CGI files like add.cgi, modify.cgi will not work with PHP.

Regards,

Eliot Lee
Quote Reply
The cgi scripts arent affected by the change as the templates for those scripts are pulled from the TEMPLATES directory.

Paul Wilson. Shocked
Quote Reply
Wrong, PAUL!

You cannot use PHP templates for add.html, modify.html, etc. The Template.pm does not parse PHP codes to be used in CGI scripts!

Got it???? Mad

Regards,

Eliot Lee
Quote Reply
You didnt read my post properly.......

I SAID.....If he changes $build_extension to PHP then his CGI scripts WON'T BE AFFECTED because the templates for these scripts are pulled from the TEMPLATES DIRECTORY and he HASN'T CHANGED THE EDINGS FOR THESE FILES.

Paul Wilson. Shocked
Quote Reply
And again, I am NOT talking about the BUILT pages, which is fine to use PHP extension! The problem is that if you try to use .php for the templates like add.html, then the CGI scripts will not work.

Got it??? MadMad

And YOU did NOT read my post properly, PAUL!

Regards,

Eliot Lee
Quote Reply
Yes I did....and I agree with you so I don't know what your problem is.

But he was saying that he was just changing the extension for BUILT pages so the ending of the templates had NOTHING to do with it.

GOT IT?

*Why do I waste my time with such ignorant people*...who knows..

Paul Wilson. Shocked
Quote Reply
Again, the personal attacks, Paul. Have I ever called you names in the forums, NO? I have disagreed with many of your statements.

I am definitely through interacting with you in the forums, since you are definitely a hostile and rude individual who likes making personal attacks. I don't attack people, but I do disagree with them...that is the differece between you and me. Learn how to effectively make your point without insulting people, that is a good skill, which you seem to need to improve.

Regards,

Eliot Lee
Quote Reply
Smile

In Reply To:
Learn how to effectively make your point without insulting people, that is a good skill, which you seem to need to improve.
LOL

Yeah....maybe take your own advice....LOL

Smile

Paul Wilson. Shocked