Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Links 2.0 : Discussions :

Relocating troubles

Quote Reply
Relocating troubles
I followed all the advice from the resource section on relocating your scripts. So, did this and I have a couple of questions.

All the categories link to the old site still. When I rebuild will it correct that or do I need to do something else.

So, my second problem :) I can't seem to build. I get the message below. I'm sure I've overlooked something - but blast the heat is getting to my brain (or that is my excuse)

CGI ERROR
==========================================
Error Message : Error building! Links database is 0 bytes!
Script Location : nph-build.cgi
Perl Version : 5.00404

Thanks for your time

Quote Reply
Re: Relocating troubles In reply to
Do you have any LINKS in your links.db file? If not, then you need to upload your old links.db in the data directory and change its permissions to READ/WRITE (666).

Regards,

Eliot Lee
Quote Reply
I do have links :) BUT when I reviewed the file transfer it listed 0-bytes on the links.db- so I transferred again and it worked. Thank you. Shoot I feel silly, I really do try to check to make sure the files really did transfer, really!!

I bow to your wisdom.

Quote Reply
Well, glad you figured it out...BTW: If you search for error message you receive, like Links 0 bytes, you will find relevant Threads...where issues like this has been resolved in the past.

Regards,

Eliot Lee