Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Links 2.0 : Discussions :

renaming a category

Quote Reply
renaming a category
Whenever i modify the category(I only rename it) then re-build all the links that were in teh category are no longer there, then i rename the category back to it's original name and all the links are there. how i can rename it and have it take all the links with it?
Quote Reply
Re: renaming a category In reply to
You will have to edit all links in that original category. You will have to first rename the category. Then go through all the links in that category and rename the Category field to the new category name.

Regards,

------------------
Eliot Lee
Anthro TECH,L.L.C
www.anthrotech.com
----------------------

Quote Reply
well that's a pain the butt when you have over 70 links. plus i can't get all the links on the window at once since i can't search by category because the category is a drop-down list and the old category name doesn't show up, only what what it was renamed to. This is a problem that needs to be resolved
Quote Reply
I did this before, and after renaming, I clicked on "Check Cat." and it told me about the links without a valid category, and gave me the option to move them to a different category. That's how I moved 70+ links... Hope this helps!
Greetings
Gerrit