Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Links 2.0 : Discussions :

Why doesn't it use templates?

Quote Reply
Why doesn't it use templates?
I've just installed Links, and it seems to be working fine, except the pages it builds are different from the pages in the templates folder. Does anyone know the reason why?
It builds pages with the black line and white text in it as you can see on gossamer-threads Links demo, however I opened some of the pages from my templates dir and these are much simplier white pages without the black lines.
(In links.cfg it is set to use templates (1) )
Please help.

My second question: when I open pages from templates dir I can't see the tags (<%something%>) on them, only in the URLs.

Thanks
Csanad

Quote Reply
Re: Why doesn't it use templates? In reply to
Probably deals with your links.css file if you are using it. Make sure that you have properly configured the class objects, including the body in the links.css and that you have properly set-up the variables in the links.cfg file.

How are you opening your template files???? Are you using a WYSIWYG editor, like Dreamweaver or Front Page?

Regards,

Eliot Lee
Quote Reply
I didnt touch the css file and dont know how to use css files. Can templates work without it? If yes how?

In links.cfg there is only one reference for templates this is the $build_use_templates = 1; and I set like this.

I also set $build_extension = ".shtml";
may be this is the problem?

I opened the templates pages in IE browser. After I tried to open in Netscape then I could see the tags.

Quote Reply
In Reply To:
Can templates work without it? If yes how?
Simply delete all the CSS codes, like <span class="">, <sup class="">, etc.

In Reply To:
I also set $build_extension = ".shtml";
may be this is the problem?
Nope. Unless your server is not configured to allow SSI (server side includes) calls.

I really don't know what you are referring to. Could you please be more specific or provide a link to your template files and directory??? If not, I am blind and can't see what you are talking about.

Regards,

Eliot Lee
Quote Reply
My pages are at www.atlastrading.com/links/pages

my templates files are the original that are included in Links 2.01

Quote Reply
In Reply To:
my templates files are the original that are included in Links 2.01
Okay...and your directory looks exactly the same as the default version of Links 2.0. What is the problem? Do you want to remove the Gossamer Threads title? If so, then edit the $build_site_title variable in the links.cfg.

Other than that...I don't understand your problem.

Regards,

Eliot Lee