Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Links 2.0 : Discussions :

Why Links 2.0 doesn't have password protect?

Quote Reply
Why Links 2.0 doesn't have password protect?
Hi, I'm new here, but I'm a fan of links. However, although i uploaded all , and follow the instruction very carefully, the links still not work. First of all, it's the password protection. When I came to the admin.cgi, it said that directory isn't protected. Why the author didn't write it straight to the script? It's hard for us to search that password protection, and make it work. Another one, when I hit What's cool, or What's new, they don't work. How can I make them work?
If they release version 3.0, I hope there is less hard work for us . They make higher, and higher version just to let us have more convenience. Don't be mean with me if you don't agree with this idea.
Quote Reply
Re: Why Links 2.0 doesn't have password protect? In reply to
Don't hold your breath...Gossamer Threads at this time is NOT planning on releasing any other flat file version of LINKS...only LINKS SQL.

1) Use .htaccess to password protect your admin directory. If you don't have this, then install the ADMIN PASSWORD MOD located in the LINKS MODIFICATION FORUM!

2) You have to change the links in your template files for the What's New and What's Cool pages.

Regards,

------------------
Eliot Lee....
Former Handle: Eliot
* Check Resource Center
Quote Reply
Exept that the mod has been deleted off the forum by the person who created it *snap*

Quote Reply

Go to www.highlandmedia.net and get lockit. One file. One upload. Even a non-cgi newbie like me got it to work.

Oh and they've just released a 2.5 version.

Cakey