Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Links 2.0 : Discussions :

Search results - no match if term is in category only

Quote Reply
Search results - no match if term is in category only
Hi,

Ok, this is weird. I just noticed that Links 1.1 doesn't seem to bring back search results if the term appears in the name of a category only.

For example, if there's a catetory called Business, and no listings on the site have the word Business in them, it will say no match even if there's a category called Business.

But if the word Business appears in some description somewhere, it will bring back that, and the category called Business... Both bolded.

Ok, I bet you're confused. If you have any idea of what I'm talking about, please let me know if this is something that can be fixed.

I'm not stupid, really, I'm not. Smile

Quote Reply
Re: Search results - no match if term is in category only In reply to
I certainly know what you are talking about. Question for you? In links.def, what is your @search_fields set to? Try @search_fields = (1,2,4,5); and see if the categories start displaying. The default is to search fields 1, 2, and 5 (Title, URL, and Description). Field 4 is the Category field. Adding it may get you what you want.
Quote Reply
You, Bobsie, are a genius.

Thanks so much, it worked!!

Seriously, I'm impressed!

Thanks again!
Quote Reply
I'm not a genius by any stretch of anyone's imagination. I just happened to remember that because I had a similar problem previously and that is how I solved it (through logical deduction). But, thanks for the complement anyway! Smile