Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Links 2.0 : Discussions :

No permission to build index.html! Help.

Quote Reply
No permission to build index.html! Help.
Hi, I am a hypermart customer and have a path like
/data1/username.hypermart.net/
on my root dir, my index.html resides and I want Links to build this index.html as build_root_url.
But, links requires the dir in which the pages are going to built (such as /pages) to be chmodded 777.

As my root dir is not chmod 777, the admin.cgi gives cgi error:no permission to write to index.html.

Please help.
Guvenc

------------------
Quote Reply
Re: No permission to build index.html! Help. In reply to
Your only choice may be to just create a directory and change its permission to 777.
I don't know if Hypermart allows you to change permissions of your root directory and I highly doubt that they do. Then you can set a META refresh to your links pages in the links pages, if you want to have the index.html as your home page with using LINKS to build it.

Regards,

------------------
Eliot Lee
Founder and Editor
Anthro TECH, L.L.C
http://www.anthrotech.com/
info@anthrotech.com
==========================
Coconino Community College
http://www.coco.cc.az.us/
Web Technology
Coordinator
elee@coco.cc.az.us
Quote Reply
Yeah, they do, i had to do this because i had to move to them a week ago. Get wsftp or some ftp program but i recommend them www.wsftp.com Go into a folder off of your root, ok, then when you see the arrow(at the top), first click the arrow once, left click to bring up options, you'll see chmod (unix). Click it and change it, then click ok and it should say folder changed in the status, or something like that.

[This message has been edited by Bmxer (edited September 10, 1999).]
Quote Reply
OK thanks.
But is it safe to chmod the root directory to 777?

Guvenc
Quote Reply
what you can do on hypermart is use a custom ftp command.. (i use cuteftp to do this)..

and then you put

site CHMOD 777 .

or

site CHMOD 777 /data1/hypermart.net/username/

jerry