Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Links 2.0 : Discussions :

Newsletter

Quote Reply
Newsletter
Got the following problem:

When I send my newsletter, the admin shows everything is ok, mail is send and all users received their mail as I found out. However, last week I send a newsletter which announced 110 new links and the email showed up truncated after link # 77, although the admin script showed the full number of links. The unsubscribe link was also cut off.

Is there a limit on how many new links can be announced at a time? Or am I missing something. It can't be the server or the sendmail program because it handles mass mail quite well and normally without any problems. Also build works just fine with almost 2000 links

Any ideas??

Regards

Dr. B

Quote Reply
Re: Newsletter In reply to
Yes...not only the size of your message, but also the number of subscribers are two limiting factors of sendmail programs.

This happened with me a few weeks ago when I used a similar mailing list program and the messsage was truncated to about 20% of the total message and the message was sent to only 90% of the mailing list.

Solution: Talk to your hosting company and ask them to assist you with re-configuring their sendmail settings.

Regards,

Eliot Lee
Quote Reply
Thanks Eliot as always you are the man :>)

Dr. B.

Quote Reply
You're welcome.

Regards,

Eliot Lee